Job Title: Mobile Developer - HTML5 Mobile Development
Actively participate in the design, development and implementation of Systems with a focus on mobile development. These apps are the foundation upon which mobile products and customer solutions and applications are developed. This position primarily focuses on developing new and supporting current apps. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about mobile development, has a proven record of writing innovative and elegant code and can take an active role in the design, development and maintenance of this product.
- Deliver projects and releases working as part of a team, including Project Manager, Business Analysts, QA Analysts, and other developers
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
- Review business requirements and develop prototypes
- Working along the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps
- Working with the front end developers to build the interface with focus on usability features
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Standardizing the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Design components within a web-based application using object-oriented methodology
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge and experience in HTML5, building dynamic web application that are mobile friendly.
- Well-versed in object oriented design and programming and its framework (MVC, Spring, JSF, J2EE, J2ME, Objective-C)
- Experienced with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc.), Xcode and Android SDK
- Experience publishing Android and iOS App is an asset
- Familiarity with the following tool: JIRA, SVN, Git, and Jenkins
- Knowledge of, and experience using, Scrum and other agile development methodologies.
- Effective verbal communication with both technical and non-technical (i.e. business) team members