Sr. Site Superintendent (Low Rise)
Job Order: MG-1616
- Responsible for the supervision and direction of all construction activities that take place on the work site, ensuring high standards of safety, workmanship and efficiency
- Planning and scheduling of work, maintain records of all materials used and the progress made on a job
- Work with Project Manager on scheduling, coordinating scopes of work and interpreting drawings.
- Responsible for Safety of the site
- Ensure compliance with the company health and safety training and reporting requirements.
- Assisting the Project Manager with the initial mobilization and set up of the construction site.
- Works Closely with Project Manager to review scope of work and detailed drawings for each successful trade/supplier to avoid misunderstandings and conflicts
- Coordinate with Project Manager to provide a well thought through construction schedule that is a balance between clients’ needs and reality.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
- Ensure the efficient use of labor, machines and materials used.
- Take an active role in the selection, training, assignment and supervision of project staff, including monitoring performance, providing feedback and taking corrective action.
- Coordinate the daily activities of project staff, construction trades and subcontractors, and use corrective actions to keep the project on time and on budget.
- Complete Daily Work Force Sheets/Daily Logs recording activity, manpower, visitors, safety and special events on the site.
- Coordinate and attend inspections with consultants, inspectors, clients and municipal inspectors.
- Hold trade progress and coordination meetings in cooperation with Project Manager.
- Record all extra work over and above original project scope and forward all additional costs to the Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with clients, consultants, sub trades, suppliers and company resources to ensure project proceeds properly and inflammatory conflict is minimized.
- Assist in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems. Monitor job progress and costs, and provide regular progress reporting to management.
- Manage all project administration activities including; timekeeping, labor coding, equipment coding, purchase order coding and safety reporting.
- Establish effective onsite communications and progress reporting with sub-trades and clients. Execute and complete punch lists, deficiency lists and warranty items.
- Maintain effective labor relations through compliance with company policies, labor agreements, and resolution of employee grievances and fair treatment of employees..
- Must have low rise residential experience.
- Need to have underground parking garage experience
- Experience as a construction superintendent or construction manager
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of local Building Code
- Current knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Proven team builder who demonstrates a collaborative attitude on the job site.
- Knowledge of construction techniques, specifications and drawings.
No more jobs from this category.
Please, enter a valid value
Your password successfully changed.