Job Order: MG-1602
- Assist in steering project(s) through design, permits and construction phases to deliver on time and within budget.
- Attend weekly or bi-weekly site meetings with project team, as directed by Project Manager/Director
- Assist Project Manager/Director with inputting data into MS Project.
- Provide administrative support in all construction related processes.
- Support Project Manager/Director in coordinating all project drawings/specifications.
- Coordinate lighting/plumbing/hardware specification development.
- Execute plans and specifications for low voltage and kitchen equipment.
- Manage project database (update drawing list and distribute weekly).
- Provide Project Manager/Director with support throughout building permit process and other permit processes as necessary.
- Develop and manage completion of punch list.
- Support Construction and Design team in value engineering as required.
- Support commissioning process (gather construction documentation etc.).
- Document and maintain brand standards (assist Project Manager/Director with sourcing alternate products etc.).
- Update trade lists
- Fill out submittal, transmittal templates as required
- File, store and maintain all project files and all documentation as necessary
- Issue Purchase Orders for any construction procurement required
- Liaise with contractor(s) to obtain estimates, pricing, product specifications, warranties and other correspondence.
- Coordinate with suppliers and subcontractors for pricing and scheduling, as directed by Project Manager/Director
- Facilitate/manage draw down process (receive, unpack and organize, compare against boards and report back to Project Manager/Director).
- Organize, maintain logs and prioritize RFI’s, Change Orders and submittals, includes tracking and ensure Project Manager and Director of Construction respond.
- Assist Construction and Finance team with spreadsheets, as requested.
- Responsible for tracking all invoices that have been verified by Project Manager.
- Coordinate activities related to tech services and project management for existing buildings.
- Coordinate meetings, manage and maintain minutes.
- Administrative duties as required; photocopying, order drawing prints, scanning, filing, receive and upload paperwork, hard copy reports and plans that arrive at HO (e.g. planning applications) etc.
- Assist with the flow of invoices and approvals. Be the person who chases down tasks e.g. print agreements to get signatures, calls couriers etc.
- Assist with project accounting functions i.e. coding invoices
- Assist in tracking of budgets
- Order drawings and maintain up to date office drawings
- Assist with preparation of Project Schedules
- Coordinate internal review and comments back to Architect and other consultants on drawings and specifications as required.
- Liaise with Consultants as required, as directed by Project Manager/Director
- Assist with drawing and specification review capturing of all non-scope work.
- Interpret blueprints and specifications for contractors to ensure compliance with construction plans and specifications and obtain additional information from the project consultants when necessary
- Review invoices to ensure costs and quantities match what was ordered and delivered
- Ensure work is being performed in accordance with drawings, specifications, standards, etc.
- Conduct and record frequent QA/QC inspections
- Estimate Contract Changes, as directed by Project Manager/Director
- Monitor shop drawings approval process and circulation. Process shop drawings to consultants and trades as required
- Review, monitor and update Project Schedules in order to track the progress of all new and current projects.
- Co-ordinate field inspections.
- Co-ordinate and assist with final inspections and production of deficiency lists on Bridgit
- Other duties as required
- Responsibilities and essential functions may be modified at any time
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a corporate office environment.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or combination of education and related experience in construction environment is preferred.
- Previous exposure to design documents, construction documents, and / or contracts would be an asset.
- Industry knowledge of retirement community/hotel/design/construction/project management.
- Advanced Microsoft skills proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Articulate English verbal and written communication ability.
- Skilled at building mutually beneficial relationships (corporate partners, suppliers, owners, consultants).
- Vigilantly attentive to detail, impeccable organization and multiple project coordination skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team-based environment.
- Ability to provide structure and consistency in a fluid, rapidly evolving, broad, and cross functional work environment.
- Highly self-empowered, motivated to learn.
- Successfully set priorities, take ownership of responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Well organized structured thinker.
- Ability to anticipate problems and execute solutions – proactive problem solver.
- Ability to work under intense activity and pressure conditions.
- Ability to travel to job site as required
No more jobs from this category.
Please, enter a valid value
Your password successfully changed.