Job Order: MG-1587
- Assists the Chief Estimator in the management and direction of activities and personnel involved with the estimating, schedule, value engineering and bidding of projects.
- Provides guidance to the estimating team and act as Team Lead on estimating projects and more complex estimates.
- Leads the estimating team in preparation of detailed estimates, including quantity survey, pricing, value engineering / cost alternates, and general conditions.
- Prepares preliminary estimates and studies during pre-construction, and monitors design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Performs the more complex estimating work on difficult or large projects.
- Organizes, directs and implements competitive bid procedures and ensures estimating staff are knowledgeable on processes.
- Supports Business Development in proposal presentations by evaluating and presenting cost estimates.
- Primary responsibility for the preparation of "Guaranteed Maximum Price" proposals.
- Prepares conceptual estimates by interpreting historical data.
- Assists owners and architects in evaluating different materials and methods to meet budget objectives.
- Assists in the evaluation of preliminary schedules and prepares general conditions estimates.
- Work closely with selected subcontractors in the development of detailed cost estimates and evaluates subcontractor proposals relative to the scope of work.
- Assist in the review of subcontractors to determine their qualifications.
- Assist in development and maintaining qualified subcontractor list.
- Assist in maintaining positive relationships with qualified subcontractors.
- Provide guidance for non-estimating personnel on their estimating related requirements.
- Provide technical training and guidance to subordinates.
- Keep documentation up to date.
- Completion of a degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent combination of technical training or experience.
- At least five years of High Rise Residential related estimating experience.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to work under deadlines.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of applicable building codes, construction materials, methods and scheduling.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of local industry and business practices
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service focus and team player.
- Can legally work in Canada
No more jobs from this category.
Please, enter a valid value
Your password successfully changed.