Job Order: DA-1585
- Responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding SI’s, RFI’s, and Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts and issues at early stages of construction progress, communicate them to project team and provide possible resolutions.
- Maintain daily log of activities on the jobsite.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Organize, guide and monitor the on-site labour force
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the jobsite.
- Coordinate homeowner unit specifications with marketing staff
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope. · Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees.
- Relevant degree or diploma in Construction related Program or equivalent an asset. Civil Engineer or Architectural Degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as a site superintendent with thorough knowledge of scheduling, cost & quality control, blue prints, engineering drawings and building codes.
- Over 10 years hands on experience in the capacity of site superintendent.
- Mid-rise building experience mainly retail and retirement residences.
- Self-motivated ability to work proactively.
- Valid class G driver’s license with clean drivers abstract.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with trades, labours, project managers and clients.
- Knowledge of computer, Excel, Word, outlook experience and other project management software.
- Trained in WHIMIS, Working at Heights, First Aid, Basics of Supervision (by IHSA) and Work Place Harassment.
No more jobs from this category.
Please, enter a valid value
Your password successfully changed.