Senior Transportation Engineer
Job Order: VM-1543
- Develop design plans, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Prepare engineering reports and technical studies.
- Effectively present information at project interviews, meetings, and public forums.
- Guide and mentor junior staff.
- Provide experienced and skilled engineering and management of various transportation projects from proposal stage through construction.
- Lead and manage multidisciplinary teams for transportation projects from concept through design, procurement and construction.
- Coordinate with client project managers and design teams including sub consultants for effective project delivery.
- Work with other transportation staff and departments to complete projects.
- Performs on technically complex projects and acts as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members.
- Additional duties may include assisting the transportation leadership with project pursuits and proposal preparation.
- Assist with business development to expand client base within the office and market segment.
- Stays up to date on regulatory changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials.
- Write and negotiate proposals as project issues arise with clients or reviewing agencies.
- Responsible for the review and sealing of projects.
- Supervises the work of other engineers
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Saskatchewan (or eligible for licensing with APEGS).
- Experience in geometric design of provincial highways, streets and rural roads; drainage design or construction administration is an asset.
- Experience in cost estimating, tender preparation, and contract administration on transportation projects.
- Experience working with the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways & Infrastructure would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Regina, Saskatoon, and Saskatchewan transportation markets and processes, with strong past client relationships is an asset.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple, concurrent projects and teams of different disciplines.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and place a high emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience.
No more jobs from this category.
Please, enter a valid value
Your password successfully changed.