Database Administrator (MS-SQL)
Job Order: MM-6983
- Provide Level 3 support on MS-SQL;
- Detect and troubleshoot SQL Servers related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention;
- Manage backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, database mirroring, replication;
- Work efficiently on indexes, integrity checks, configuration, patching;
- Work efficiently with SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs);
- Create, maintain and refresh instances/databases for development and production environments;
- Act as liaison between application programmers to assist with resolving problems;
- Follow standards, write, maintain and document monitoring scripts needed in support of databases;
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with staff of varying technical expertise;
- Perform On-call hours.
- Completed Bachelor degree in computer sciences plus 3 years relevant experience/or combination of college degree with stronger background;
- Minimum 3 years of experience on MS-SQL Server (2005 and higher) as a database administrator;
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Windows Server in VM environments;
- Strong experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, connectivity issues;
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools;
- Experience supporting 24x7 environments. Provide after hours on-call support for critical database issues.
- Experience with Oracle and DB2 databases;
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications ( e.g Redgate, Idera, SCOM );
- Knowledge in a scripting language like Powershell;
- Experience/Knowledge of AIX operating system.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in both official languages;
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail;
- Proven analytical & problem-solving abilities;
- Able to prioritize & execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
No more jobs from this category.
Please, enter a valid value
Your password successfully changed.