Job Order: MG-6955
- Maintain and support the client's network, LAN/WAN communication devices.
- Offer assistance related to server hardware and software configurations.
- Monitor network availability and performance on a daily basis against established and approved performance levels and immediately reports issues with recommended corrective actions
- Trouble shoot network and telecommunications issues - triage/solve problems with support teams independent of management support.
- Clearly articulates changes to Server and Deskside groups to ensure impact of changes and new developments are shared.
- Keep all systems patched to necessary levels to guard against security and operational risks.
- Accurately document system problems and resolutions in a timely manner for future reference.
- Provide operational support for wireless network, issues including design and validation, RF site surveys, A/P support, LTE/HSPA.
- Facilitate escalations with vendors re: unsolved problems
- Provides Tier 2 IT Helpdesk support, including diagnosing issues, determining corrective action applying sound and vetted resolutions and recommendations.
- Record and maintain hardware and software inventories.
- Be conversant with current technologies and be able to recommend, seek approval, and implement new technologies and security solutions post extensive testing and verification.
- Frequently review security, procedures and recommend corrective actions needed to gain efficiencies and productivity.
- Test service releases, and configuration changes.
- Research issues and present solutions and workarounds to team members.
- Interface with suppliers and service providers
- Provide weekly and monthly reports as assigned.
- Ensure all tasks on weekly/monthly operating procedures are completed.
- Duties may change from time to time based on business and operational needs. Some cross functional responsibilities may get assigned related to Deskside and Server support as required
- Computer Science Diploma or equivalent job experience with related technical courses
- Knowledge of Active Directory, MS Windows Server
- MSCE certification an asset
- Cisco certification (CCNP/CCIE) required
- Telecom experience within a VoIP environment preferred
- 5-10 years hands-on experience supporting enterprise network environments (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS)
- Exposure to various Windows operating systems would be an asset.
- Solid understanding and experience with communications protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, SSl, HTTP, HTTPS …
- Experience administrating a VPN & Terminal Server
- Knowledge of Telephone switches and VoIP integration
- Working knowledge of OS/400 operating systems software an asset
- Network security awareness
- Knowledge of project management and change management processes
No more jobs from this category.
Please, enter a valid value
Your password successfully changed.