Rail Infrastructure Project Manager
- Manage and lead a multidisciplinary team to plan, execute and deliver the engineering for major transportation infrastructure projects
- Proactively engaging with clients and contractors to prepare high quality, technically efficient and cost effective solutions
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients, engineering partners and sub-consultants.
- Manage risk and deliver strong commercial performance of projects.
- Lead the technical, commercial and soft skills development of staff.
- Support the company Canadian business to develop ongoing opportunities in the design and delivery of projects of significant scale and complexity.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or other related engineering field with a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Engineering license in Ontario or in other Province(s) or ability to obtain the same.
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading large multidisciplinary design teams
- Ability to coordinate a large team from several firms and offices
- Wide variety of experience of rail and other transportation infrastructure projects
- High level of self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of a variety of construction procurement methods
- Sound understanding of commercial and financial issues and achieve strong commercial outcomes.
- Well-developed industry networks among the potential client market